BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

SAFFC vs Suwon Bluewings

On the 18th of March, my friend Jim and I went to the Jalan Besar stadium to catch a Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Champions League match between our very own Singapore Armed Forces FC and K-league champions Suwon Bluewings(Korea).
A controversial handball in the 65th minute by Daniel Bennett (SAFFC, #16) gave Suwon Bluewings a penalty with Brazilian striker Eduardo Goncalves (Suwon, #9 & eventual Man of the Match) converting from the spot with ease. He struck home again six minutes later when he successfully bamboozled past SAFFC’s Kenjia Arai (SAFFC, #3) and Ahmad Latiff (#7) to fire off a shot into the roof of the net.
Here are some pictures for you to enjoy:



SAFFC's 'keeper walking off the pitch after pre-match warm-ups.

Good weather on the 18th, unfortunately that didn't help SAFFC much...



The pitch looks tempting...



The teams get ready before the 9000+ strong crowd

And here we have our spirited SAFFC team for a little team-talk to calm the nerves.

Below are some pictures of the match. There aren't many because I was focusing on the match.


Well. thanks for viewing and good night. Perhaps I'll do more on the match some other day.

1 comments:

darren said...

My church friends actually asked me to go with them and the ticket was only 2 dollars but I had some work to finish and sadly, I could not go. It is even more sad that Singapore Armed Forces lost. Although I am not a supporter of that club(I support their rival, Home United), I would still support it as it represents Singapore in this competition