BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Run

5.00 a.m, my clock read, as I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed. Well, I hadn't done much exercise in a while, so on the bright side this could freshen me up. Taking a quick bite before reaching Cashew CC, I saw mixed emotions from the crowd clad in yellow and black. Some were roaringly ready and eager to start running, while some just struggled to stay awake in the darkness of the early morning. Briefings and the all too usual temperature taking exercises took place shortly after, and then the wait for the buses began. Well, to be honest, I was pretty excited about this run, because it was a good chance to warm up my body before my CCA starts this week. So the wait for the bus was quite boring.

Alas, the bus had finally arrived. I looked up and removed my head phones, tagging along with the people in black as they boarded the bus in neat rows. I sat with my classmates in the same group as me during the bus trip as we were waiting to be dropped off. We eventually were, but however this was when the conflict occured. After 20 minutes or so, our team decided to call the student in charge, and to our surprise, we were to board the bus and head to King Albert Park! But this was where things changed for the better. Ecxited as we were, we were soon asked to run if we wished. My group hopped off, and then began a long run(5-6km?).

As I could remember, I was the last 'survivor' of the group, with the rest trailing off as time progressed. Well, the overall planning was not optimum, but I'm sure many had fun.

On overall, the event was kinda cool.

0 comments: